Governors work closely with headteachers, school staff and representatives from the local authority (LA). The Governing Body meets regularly. They are committed to ensuring the highest quality of education and welfare for your child. All correspondence to the Chair of Governors can be be sent to c/o Toft Hill Primary School. If you wish to contact any members of the governing body, this can be done by contacting the school.
- Mrs Alison Barron (Chair) – Co-opted Governor
- Mrs Helen Pepper –(Vice Chair) – Co-opted Governor
- Leanne Nesbitt – Headteacher
- Mr John Stelling – Co-opted Governor
- Mrs Merion Owen – Parent Governor
- Mrs Amanda Majer – Co-opted Governor
- Miss Jordan Donohue – Co-Opted Governor
- Mrs Kelly Reynolds – Co-Opted Governor
- Ian Smithwhite – Parent Governor
- Pippa Gard – Parent Governor
- Victoria Bell – Parent Governor
- Mr Marc Sproat – Staff Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2021)
- Alex Eley – Parent Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2021)
- Mrs Natasha Robson – Parent Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2020)
- Mr Martin Broom- Parent Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2020)
Mrs Paula Wilson – Parent Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2020)
- Mrs Leanne Crook – Parent Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2019)
- Mrs Karen Studholme – Parent Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2019)
- Dr Mark Ward – Co-opted Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2019)
- Miss Samantha Benson – Parent Governor (Retired from Governing Body 2020)
Paul White – Clerk to Governors
The Governing Body of Toft Hill Primary School has a strong focus on its three core strategic functions
1. Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
2. Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
How To Become A School Governor
If you require further information on the roles and responsibilities of School Governors or you are interested in becoming one, visit the Durham County Council website School Governor section.
Statutory Guidance for Governing Bodies
Toft Hill Primary School adhere to the statutory guidance from the Department for Education. This means that governing bodies must have regard to it when carrying out duties relating to the constitution of governing bodies in maintained schools. For further information please view or download the documents below.
Governing Body Committee Structure
|Leanne Nesbitt||Head Teacher |
|Mrs Alison Barron - Chair||Co-opted||14/03/2024||Finance, premises and staffing.|
Head Teachers performance managment (Chair).
1st/Pay review (Chair).
Curriculum and standards.
|Mrs Helen Pepper||Co-opted||25/06/2021||Appeals (chair).|
Curriculum and standards (Chair).
|Mr John Stelling||Co-opted||31/08/2023||Finance, premises and staffing.|
Head Teachers performance management.
|Health and safety||None|
|Mrs Amanda Majer||Parent||Finance, premises and staffing (Chair).|
1st Pay review.
|Mrs Kelly Reynolds||Parent||13/11/2023||Curriculum, standards and appeals||Safeguarding|
|Mrs Meirion Owen||Parent||11/12/2023||Curriculum and standards.|
Finance, premises and staffing
|Mr Ian Smithwhite||Parent||Finance, premises and staffing||Foundation|
|Miss Pippa Gard||Parent||Appeals|
Curriculum and standards
|Catch up premium||None|
|Miss Jordan Donohue||Co-opted||27/02/2023||None|
Schools are now required to display Governor attendance at meetings for each academic school year.
Y – Attended meeting
A/A – Apologies sent and accepted
N – Did not attend
N/A – Not a member of the committee
Record of Attendance 2021-2022
|Mrs A Barron|
|Mrs L Nesbitt|
|Mrs H Pepper|
|Mrs J Stelling|
|Mrs A Majer|
|Miss J Donahue|
|Mrs M Owen|
|Mrs K Reynolds|
|Mr I Smithwhite|
|Miss P Gard|
|Mrs Victoria Bell|
You can view archived attendance on our website.